Upcoming VOTS Events
Oct 19, features Norsk Stavkirke. Clark Brekke will present an informative program on these historic stave churches dating back to Viking times.
Nov 16 is our annual "Torsk & Meatball Dinner", Traditional meatballs, broiled cod, veggies and assorted Scandinavian desserts will tempt your palate. Tickets are $20 per person.
Dec 5 completes 2014 with our Juletrefest, complete with St. Lucia, JuleNissen, smorgasbord and festive music.
For reservations or for more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE ANNUAL TASTE OF SCANDINAVIA!!
St. Olaf's Way Virtual Pilgrimage through Norway
Here’s how to get started!
- Print out Pilgrimage record card from link above.
- Walk around your neighborhood, park, shopping mall or gym.
- Track your mileage on your record card.
- Learn about historical locations along the virtual pilgrimage route in Norway www.sonsofnorway.com/pilgrimage
- Track your route on a map of Norway and after 387 miles of walking the virtual journey will end at Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway.
- You must start the pilgrimage in 2014 and you must finish your 387 miles by the end of 2015.
• Turn in your record card to your lodge sports director and receive recognition of completion from the Sons of Norway Headquarters.